Wintertime in Stillwater – discover the historic riverfront district glimmering with charm and full of festivities December through March. Plan now for a holiday or winter season getaway!
Stillwater, Minnesota has always been a serene and romantic winter season destination but last year the town really pulled together to create a winter wonderland with new decorations and attractions, so for 2022 they are planning to build on that new tradition with even more events. In 2022, you can look forward to the first annual World Snow Sculpting Championship January 18-23!
For the Christmas and Hanukah holiday season, local merchants are thrilled to welcome you with many gift ideas during Shop Small Saturday, November 27th. Did you know that all 50+ shops in the historic downtown district of Stillwater are locally owned! Head to Stillwater, MN if you prefer a charming nostalgic holiday shopping and dining experience. Meeting up with friends and family, book a stay so you can walk to the shops and restaurants right from your hotel!
Returning in January will be the Ice Palace Maze with a new design and of course an ice slide, ice bar and bonfire warm up areas, outdoor riverside ice skating rink, Frozen Flannel Bonspiel Curling Tournament, Winterfest, Fire & Ice Winter Social, and Historic Winter Ice Cream Social. February will also welcome the Fat Tire Bike Race, Frozen Flannel Curling Tournament, Frozen Bocce Ball tournament and of course the holiday of love, Valentine’s Day. Find a romantic place to stay from hotels to bed and breakfasts and unique vacation home rentals and book soon to celebrate a romantic getaway this winter!
We’ll announce more details as we get closer, but here is a list of winter fun to look forward to in Stillwater, Minnesota. Join our enewsletter or follow us on Instagram or Facebook to stay up to date!
- November 27th: Shop Small Saturday
- FREE Wintertime in Stillwater Lights Displays: Main Street Buildings, Chestnut Street light show set to music, light tunnel, river walk, historic lift bridge, and more.
- Holiday Season Shopping & events like strolling Victorian costumed carolers and Santa (TBD)
- Official Tree Lighting Twinkle Parade, Saturday, December 4th
- New Year’s Eve – 5 blocks of dining, shopping, live music and new this year…a ball drop!
- Riverside Ice Skating Rink – FREE, but bring your own skates!
- Ice Palace Maze – Ticketed experience January – February (weather dependent)
- Fire & Ice Winter Social, January 28-30
- Washington County Historical Society Historic Winter Ice Cream Social, January 29th
- World Snow Sculpting Championship, January 18-23
- Ice Palace Maze
- Winterfest, February 13-27th
- Valentine’s Day – celebrate your love anytime during the month of February in a romantic destination. Places to stay within walking distance of your dinner reservations. The Wintertime LED lights display will also change to a heart for this month.
- Frozen Flannel Bonspiel – outdoor curling tournament Saturday, February 19th
- Fat Tire Bike Race, Sunday, February 20th
- Frozen Bocce Ball Tournament, Saturday, February 26th
- Shamrock Light in Wintertime LED Lights Display on Chestnut Plaza
- St. Patrick’s Day live music & events at Charlie’s Irish Pub