Here’s a list of the newest shops, experiences, restaurants, venues, places to stay and events you must see in 2022!
From new lodging properties to new clothing stores, candle stores and bike rentals to new tattoo parlors and a soda shop … downtown Stillwater, Minnesota is coming out of this year with a robust line up of good times for you. We hope you can take a few days off here soon!
New Stillwater, MN Businesses in 2021/2022
Places to Stay
- Holcombe Loft – 418 Holcombe St. S. Blocks from downtown Stillwater in a charming historic neighborhood. Enjoy the Holcombe Loft with a king-size bed, fireplace, kitchenette, washer & dryer, and gorgeous bathroom.
- The Burlington – 618 Burlington St E. Located close to downtown, The Burlington is an updated, historic home with four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and views from both bridges.
- Treetop Apartment – 406 Wilkins St. W. Spacious, private, light-filled apartment in Stillwater near the Browns Creek bike trail and downtown shopping and restaurants.
- Private Suite in Historic North Hill – 231 Everett St. N. Private suite with a private entrance blocks from the downtown pubs, shops and restaurants. Cozy in-law suite situated above detached garage.
- Downtown Life Bridge Loft – 213 Main Street S. Located in the heart of downtown Stillwater, The Lift Bridge Loft combines the beauty of historic architecture and contemporary style.
Food & Drink
- Mad Capper – 224 S Main Street. Mad Capper is under new ownership. After a little refresh, they reopened the doors in September 2021. They plan to carry on that strong tradition and honor the legacy of the Capper with a new twist.
- The Wild Hare – 218 Main St. N. A fusion of organic meets dive-bar. Decor bridging the two elements with 90s flare, food that brings classic dive offerings with organic and natural ingredients.
- Boundary Cafe – 413 Nelson St. E. Offering a unique dive into the beauty of our River Valley, and great Northern woods all wrapped up in our cafe, bakery and wine bar! They will offer organic, whole, nutritious ingredients native and seasonal to our region.
- Devil’s Advocate Stillwater – 14200 60th Street N. Where the locals and travelers come to eat and drink. Expanding from Minneapolis to Stillwater. Passion to challenge the expected and confront the unconfronted.
- River Siren Brewing Co. – 225 Main Street N. Formerly Maple Island Brewing, this downtown brewery has new owners and received a facelift. Community-focused destination brewery for craft beer enthusiasts and all who want to enjoy a low-key and lively experience with views of the St. Croix.
- Gloria’s To Go – 320 Chestnut St. E. (Coming this spring!) Soft-serve real dairy ice cream and quick to-go items on the patio of Leo’s Grill & Malt Shop.
- Stillwater Proper Distillery & Tasting Room – 227 Main St. S. Featuring stills, tasting room and craft cocktails from 45th Parallel and a restaurant menu with upscale bar food integrating traditional techniques in preservation and fermentation.
- Train Trax Snack Car – 575 Main St N. Hikers, bikers, runners, and dog walkers taking advantage of the Brown’s Creek Trail can now take a break for a snack and beverage at the renovated train trolley car resting on tracks between the downtown trailhead and The Zephyr Theatre.
- Unpaved Athleisure – 401 Main St. South, Suite B. Unpaved Athleisure carries a collection of activewear, loungewear, and lifestyle and wellness products from purpose-driven and positive brands.
- CBD House – 125 Main Street S. CBD HOUSE is your source for USA produced Top Shelf CBD Flower, CBD Extracts and Innovative CBD Products all under one roof.
- Blue Sun Soda Shop – 126 Main Street S. Blue Sun Soda Shop is the largest soda shop in the world! Stop in and try our exotic sodas and sweets, and bring your family for a day of fun!
- Studio Louise Flowers – 210 Main St. S. Beautiful plants and flowers for your everyday and extraordinary events. Flower bar and workshops, too!
- Carpe Noctem Candle Co – 226 S. Main St. Retail candle shop on the main level, candle making experience on the second level.
- Brick + Linen – 114 N Main St. Interior Design Studio with retail space as well!
- Sota Clothing Company – 410 Main St. A Minnesota lifestyle clothing brand. They sell t-shirts, sweatshirts, snapbacks, drinkware, and other local gifts.
- Rent Saint Croix – 651-491-6367. Personal watercraft (Seadoo Brand) rental available to be delivered to the St. Croix River.
- Pedego Electric Bikes – 1650 Market Drive. Pedego Stillwater is a locally-owned electric bike store where you’ll be treated like family. They offer electric bike sales, rentals, accessories, and service.
- Hook Line and Sinker Outdoors – 612-704-2498. Get on the water with your outdoor guide. Let over 45 years of experience being in the woods and on the water help guide you to your best day in the great outdoors.
- NEW Escape Room – Off Track – 123 2nd Street N. Be the first to experience the latest escape room to come to downtown Stillwater!
Events – New and Returning
- For a complete list of current events, visit: www.DiscoverStillwater.com/events
- World Snow Sculpting Championship – The Greater Stillwater Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the City of Stillwater hosted the Inaugural World Snow Sculpting Championship competition this past winter and it will be returning in January of 2023!
- Stillwater 4th of July Celebration – Enjoy independence day in an All-American historic river town! The City of Stillwater puts on a huge fireworks display over the St. Croix river offering views from anywhere downtown and live music in Lowell Park and Pioneer Park.
- Lumberjack Days will be returning! – July 15-17, 2022. Planning is underway so check the website often for updates! https://lumberjackdays.com/
- St. Croix Valley Summer Music Series – Live music on the Stillwater Riverboats every Thursday night.
- Wintertime in Stillwater – A collaborative effort of the city, Chamber of Commerce, Tourism Bureau, and local businesses to provide safe new decor and events to enjoy during COVID. We hope that it will all return again next year!
- Anchor’s End Tattoo – 235 Chestnut St. E. The longest standing tattoo shop in the oldest town in Minnesota has a new name! Located in the heart of downtown, stop in for inspiration with walls of tattoo artwork and a welcoming professional staff of ink artists.
- Stillwater Tattoo – 117 Main St S. New tattoo shop located in Downtown Stillwater. They accommodate both custom tattoo appointments and walk-ins.
- Draper House Design Co. – 402 Main St N #230. At Draper House Design Co. we want a space to be reflective of you without sacrificing beauty for function. We can help “design for life to happen”.
- Align Optimal Wellness – 402 Main St. N #350. Private sessions for physical therapy, hands-on manual therapy and bodywork, personal training, massage therapy, nutrition coaching, Pilates, yoga, Reiki, and other wellness services. Also join us for specialized classes, workshops, retreats and events!
Seasonal Business Re-Opening Dates
Visit this blog for details on when seasonal attractions open.
Businesses that Closed this Year
Collaborations Boutique, Cooks of Crocus Hill, Forget Me Not, James Mulvey Inn, Mai Little Cakes, St. Croix Segway, Uncommon Cents
Visit www.DiscoverStillwater.com for a complete list of boutiques, restaurants, and unique things to do! Curious what was new in 2015, 2016, 2017 , 2018, 2019, 2021 – type ‘what’s new’ in our home page search bar. There is always something new and old to discover in historic Stillwater! We hope to see you travel here soon! Psst…hotels book up, so plan now.
#OnlyinMN #StayanExtraDay #Travel #DiscoverStillwater