💕💕 “Paint the Town Red” in Stillwater for Valentine’s Day! 💕💕
Main Street shops, restaurants, and attractions welcome you to our romantic city to celebrate with your Valentine all week long.
We hope you are able to celebrate the special connections in your life this Valentine’s Day. Here are some fun ideas to enjoy the holiday including a new riverside ice skating rink! Make your plans now to get away to one of Minnesota’s most romantic towns!
“There are two words we hear often in describing our destination, we “Love” Stillwater and it feels like a “Hallmark” town. We think we lived up to this image this winter for sure.” Heidi Rosebud, Discover Stillwater Board Member & owner Just for Me Spa.
There are 20+ restaurants in the downtown historic tourism district of Stillwater, so browse this list here and call to check availability.
These restaurants are doing special menus for Valentine’s Day. Reservations required:
- Lowell Inn (3 course dinner or 4 course fondue dinner)
- Domacin’ Wine Bar (4-course menu with wine pairings)
- Charlie’s Irish Pub at Water Street Inn (4-course dinner menu)
- The Velveteen Speakeasy (Special menu for Valentine’s Day only)
- Breakfast in bed or desserts to-go (pre-order from Mon Petit Cheri)
- Feller at Lora Hotel (Valentine’s Specials all weekend long)
- The Outing Lodge at Pine Point (Valentine Dinner – Feb. 11)
- Matchstick Restaurant (2 reservations times available on Feb. 14)
Where to Stay
Book soon for the best suites at lodging properties as well – choose from gorgeous historic mansions, hotels, or vacation home rentals. Valentine’s Day falls on a Monday this year, so make it a long weekend stay. Ask your hotel about special packages – flowers, massages, room service, etc.
What to Do
Consider registering for an experience together in Stillwater to celebrate love month. Here are a few ideas:
- Unforgettable at the Freighhouse – A Valentine’s Day Show: Love is in the air with the most romantic jazz standards spanning the decades, by Court’s in Session. Their music will transport you to a bygone era.
- Valentine’s Cooking Class: Come to Sara’s Tipsy Pies and fall in love while learning to decorate adorable sugar cookies.
- Valentine’s Wine Dinner: Celebrate Valentine’s Day with an exquisitely paired wine dinner at 7 Vines Vineyard.
- Starlight Snowshoe at Saint Croix Vineyards: February 24 & 25. Enjoy a starlight ice luminary lit snowshoe trail winding throughout the beautiful Saint Croix Vineyards.
- Serenity Package at Just for Me Spa: includes Himalayan Salt Cave and Foot Renewals in the Serenity Lounge, a great service you can do together. The mineral pool and whirlpool are also open if guests want to spend some time together and take a relaxing mineral soak – of course couples massages and other spa treatments also available.
- Throw axes together – book a lane at The Lumberjack Axe Bar. A couple that throws axes together, stays together!
- Solve a mystery together at the Stillwater Escape Company with three themed rooms to choose from – The Cave, Connolly’s Shoe Factory Office and Off Track.
- Get creative in a relaxing painting studio right downtown where you can choose to paint pottery or canvas at Kari’s Create & Paint Studio!
- Take a candle-making workshop together at Carpe Noctem Candle Co. Candle-making can be such a fun, creative, INTIMATE way to connect with your sweetie, an old friend or maybe just yourself!
1. Romantic Riverside Stroll: Stillwater’s peaceful riverwalk is a great place for a quiet moment together. The entire mile of the Main Street shopping and dining district’s architecture is trimmed with lights, snowflakes and festive storefronts. The historic lift bridge is a sight to see from afar with Hollywood-style lights outlining its unique design.
2. Winter River Ice Skating Rink at the Water Street Inn is open for free skating daily. Bring your own skates to enjoy the glide with a view as it is set in the riverfront Lowell Park next to the St. Croix River and Historic Lift Bridge. Guests staying at the Water Street Inn can admire the scene from their balconies or glass-enclosed restaurant patio.
3. Trails – walk the 4.7 mile Loop Trail or 6 mile Brown’s Creek Trail both starting downtown Stillwater.
What to Give
Shop all the locally owned gift shops downtown Stillwater from fashion to books to artisan works to culinary wares. See full list of boutiques here: https://www.discoverstillwater.com/shopping/.
- For the crafty gal: Darn Knit Anyway has put together bouquets of mini skeins of Leading Men Fiber Arts fingering weight yarn. Each bouquet has 5 mini skeins perfect for a cowl or hat. We’ve even suggested some of our favorite patterns that use minis.
- MedSpa experience at on-site Hotel Crosby’s Local Luxury Medspa.
- Forge & Foundry Distillery has Valentine’ Cocktail kits you can pre-order to-go for a special cheers at home this year!
- Spice it up at Pinch n Rub Spice & Tea hub – you’ll need one of their t-shirts for sure!
- Locally made sweetness inspired beer, wine, spirits: Lift Bridge Brewing Company, Saint Croix Vineyards, River Siren Brewing, 45th Parallel Distillery – Riverside.
- Sweets Ideas from local chocolatiers or bakers; Sara’s Tipsy Pies, Hannah’s Homemade Heavens, Candyland, Stillwater, Tremblay’s Sweet Shop, Barbara Ann’s Fudge Shoppe.
- Give a basket or gift bag of natural organic, handmade body care to your sweetheart from Modern Roots. And remember, Valentines is not just for females. They have many manly bar soaps, lotions and shave products to choose from.