Spring is here and summer is coming soon, so here’s a reminder of all the warm weather attractions now open (or soon to be) for the 2022 season in Stillwater, Minnesota!
- Rivertown Tours: New guided historic walking tours company. Tours start April 2nd.
- Stillwater Trolley: Book tours online or stop by in person at their kiosk on Nelson St.. Enjoy the traditional 45 minute narrated history of Stillwater tour, Storytime trolley, or kayak tours. Tours start May 1.
- Stillwater Ghost Walk Tours: Spark your imagination on this Stillwater city tour with real ghost stories, paranormal experiences, recent investigations, Native American legends, and much more! Haunted walking tours start May 6th.
- Gondola Romantica: Book your romantic private Venetian gondola ride on the St. Croix River online. Perfect place for a proposal or special celebration! Now booking for cruises starting May 6th.
- Stillwater River Boats: See full public cruise schedule and book your St. Croix River lunch, brunch, or dinner cruise on the St. Croix River online. Cruises start May 7th.
- Warden’s House Museum: Did you know Stillwater had the first State Prison? Tour the 1800s home of the prison warden. Open for tours Thurs. – Sun. beginning May 1.
- Biercycle Adventures: Stillwater’s own multi-person pedal bike! Opening date not yet announced.
Patios, Rooftops, Decks & Sweet Treats
With nearly 20 outdoor dining options there are many sidewalk cafes and riverfront decks to dine on in downtown Stillwater. Come hungry and thirsty. Find the three rooftop patios at Portside , Brick & Bourbon, Papa’s at Water Street Inn.
- MN Nice Cream: Soft serve + toppings + glitter! OPEN!
- Nelson’s Ice Cream: Get the famous giant child sized ice cream cone or try the lumberjack. Opens April 2nd.
- Aamodts Apple Orchard, Thor’s Hard Cider and Saint Croix Vineyards are OPEN Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.
- PD Pappy’s: Outdoor dining by the marina and live music. Opens May 6th.
- The Freight House: Reopening after winter closure April 28th!
- The Dock Stillwater: Reopening after a year of closure early summer!
Marinas – Slips & Boat Rental
- Stillwater Boat Club & Rentals: Start booking summer fun on the water now. Look for weekday happy hour deals. Now booking for rentals starting May 15th.
- Ole Sawmill Marina: Pontoon rental and weekly boat slips.
- Wolf Marine: Open daily for all your on the water needs – life jackets, boating supplies, and even new SUP boards.
- Sunnyside Marina: Transient dockage available.
- Bayport Marina: Transient slips available.
- Boomsite Marina: Boat launch
- Boomsite Public Boat Launch – open!
- Free public boat slips behind the Stillwater RiverBoats south of the historic lift bridge. First come first serve.
- Teddy Bear Park: Downtown playground for kids ages toddler – 8. Opening April 15!
- Gateway Trailside: Find this food truck just north of the intersection of the Brown’s Creek Bike Trail and Gateway State Trail, about 8 miles from downtown Stillwater. Opening late April.
- Wahoo Adventures: Guided kayak and biking tours. Events start in May and are booking now!
- St. Croix SUP: Stand up paddleboard rental available once weather warms.
- Brown Dog Paddleboard Co.: Group rentals and SUP yoga events as weather warms.
- DIRO Outdoors Bike Rental: Bike share cruiser bike rental station located next to the Water Street Inn. Opening first weekend in May!
All golf courses are now open for the season, for a complete list visit our golf webpage.
NOTE: As of May 1st winter season free parking ends in paid lots. All street parking is still free as well as a few lots, but any lots marketed paid parking will now be monitored for proper payment. For a full map to see time limits on parking lots, visit our directions page. Prices are very reasonable.