Spring is here and summer is coming soon, so here’s a reminder of all the warm weather attractions now open (or soon to be) for the 2023 season in Stillwater, Minnesota!
- Rivertown Tours: Guided historic walking tours company. Tours start at the end of April.
- Stillwater Trolley: Book tours online or stop by in person at their kiosk on Nelson St.. Enjoy the traditional 45 minute narrated history of Stillwater tour or a Storytime trolley ride. Tours start May 1.
- Stillwater Ghost Walk Tours: Spark your imagination on this Stillwater city tour with real ghost stories, paranormal experiences, recent investigations, Native American legends, and much more! Haunted walking tours start April 22.
- Gondola Romantica: Book your romantic private Venetian gondola ride on the St. Croix River online. Perfect place for a proposal or special celebration! Now booking for cruises starting May 5.
- Stillwater River Boats: See full public cruise schedule and book your St. Croix River lunch, brunch, or dinner cruise on the St. Croix River online. Cruises start May 13.
- Warden’s House Museum: Did you know Stillwater had the first State Prison? Tour the 1800s home of the prison warden. Open for tours Thurs. – Sun. beginning May 1.
- Biercycle Adventures: Stillwater’s own multi-person pedal bike! Opening date is May 20.
Patios, Rooftops, Decks & Sweet Treats
With nearly 20 outdoor dining options there are many sidewalk cafes and riverfront decks to dine on in downtown Stillwater. Come hungry and thirsty. Find the three rooftop patios at Portside , Brick & Bourbon, Papa’s at Water Street Inn.
- MN Nice Cream: Soft serve + toppings + glitter! OPEN!
- Nelson’s Ice Cream: Get the famous giant child sized ice cream cone or try the lumberjack. Opens April 1.
- Sticks, The Ice Pop Shop: Hand-crafted ice pops with inspiration, these pops are made with real ingredients. Opens May 14.
- Aamodts Apple Orchard, Thor’s Hard Cider and Saint Croix Vineyards are OPEN Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.
- PD Pappy’s: Outdoor dining by the marina and live music. Opens May 5.
- The Freight House: The largest patio in the area and updated taproom featuring music and DJ on weekends. OPEN, Thursday – Sunday!
- The Dock Stillwater: The Dock is a one-of-a-kind dining experience on the banks of the St. Croix River. OPEN!
Marinas – Slips & Boat Rental
- Stillwater Boat Club & Rentals: Start booking summer fun on the water now. Look for weekday happy hour deals. Now booking for rentals starting May 15.
- Ole Sawmill Marina: Pontoon rental and weekly boat slips. Now booking for rentals starting May 19.
- Wolf Marine: Open daily for all your on the water needs – life jackets, boating supplies, and even new SUP boards.
- Sunnyside Marina: Transient dockage available.
- Bayport Marina: Transient slips available.
- Boomsite Marina: Boat launch.
- St. Croix Boomsite: Public boat launch.
- Free public boat slips behind the Stillwater River Boats south of the historic lift bridge. First come first serve.
- Teddy Bear Park: Downtown playground for kids ages toddler – 8. Opening April 15, weather permitting.
- Gateway Trailside: Find this food truck just north of the intersection of the Brown’s Creek Bike Trail and Gateway State Trail, about 8 miles from downtown Stillwater. Opening mid-May.
- Wahoo Adventures: Guided kayak and biking tours. Events start May 5 and are booking now.
- St. Croix SUP: Stand up paddleboard rental available once weather warms.
- Brown Dog Paddleboard Co.: Group rentals and SUP yoga events as weather warms.
- DIRO Outdoors Bike Rental: Bike share cruiser bike rental station located next to the Water Street Inn. Opening first weekend in May, weather permitting.
All golf courses are now open for the season, for a complete list visit our golf webpage.