Hello Stillwater Fans,
The Minnesota Governor and State Health Commissioner are strongly recommending temporary community social mitigation measures in response to the outbreak of respiratory virus COVID-19 that was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization this week. They are encouraging “social distancing” at work and in public places and many businesses are closed. Click HERE for the current guidelines and executive orders for Minnesota as they are changing daily.
- March 13th – encouraging gatherings of more than 250 people and events where the venue can’t accommodate the 6ft social distancing.
- Update March 15th – Restricted to events of 50 people or more.
- Update March 16th 2:30pm – Restricted to 10 people homes and public spaces.
- Update March 16th 5:30pm – Governor has ordered all bars, restaurants, coffee shops, entertainment, spas, gyms, bakeries, golf courses, museums, etc. to close by March 17th at 5pm. The status of shops is based on each individual owner, but many are closing for now. Hotels are still open, but pools and restaurants on site closed. This is a temporary closure until March 27th.
- Updated March 25th 2:00pm – Governor announced two week “Stay at Home” order starting March 27 at midnight – April 10th at 5pm. Retail shops will now close temporarily as well (grocery exception). The Governor also today issued executive orders extending the closure of bars, restaurants, and other public accommodations set forth in Executive Orders 20-04 and 20-08 until May 1, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Hotels are still OPEN and restaurant take-out IS allowed. Trails, parks, outdoor exploration IS allowed.
As a result of this, events in Stillwater are cancelled or postponed, so we encourage you to check directly with the venue to determine status of events before traveling. Your health and safety are very important to us. Please know that businesses are also taking extra sanitation measures to clean surfaces.
Our downtown restaurants, pubs, shops, hotels and attractions are vital to the local tourism economy, so for healthy individuals we encourage you to do what you can to support local small businesses during this time. Many local businesses are offering online ordering, shipping, or curbside pick-up services for shops and restaurants (see list). The Greater Stillwater Chamber of Commerce is doing the “Great Valley Take-Out Rally“ by pulling together a list of business that offer take-out or delivery, so stay up to date here.
Here’s a list of shops that have online shopping available: Jori & June, Cooks of Crocus Hill, Apricot Lane , Candyland, Darn Knit Anyway, Gully Wubbles, Kathe Wohlfahrt, Lift Bridge Brewery, Lil’ Tulips, Mai Little Cakes, Maple Island Brewing, Minnesota Made, Modern Roots, Music Makers, Pinch n’ Rub Spice & Tea Hub, Rose Mille, Saint Croix Vineyards, Valley Bookseller, Scandinavian North, Shop in the City, Smith & Trade Mercantile, Stillwater Olive Oil, Tremblays Sweet Shop, Magnolias Paulette, West Marine, Medicinal Blends. Purchase salon & beauty products online as well: Alluring Lash & Spa, Asalonna Aveda Products, Just Cuz Beauty Counter, Stillwater Skin & Spa. Check shops social media pages or e-newsletters as well as many offer a call in order and shipment from an item you saw featured.
We love the idea of purchasing gift cards as gifts for someone in need or for yourself in the future. We hope you plan to re-book your hotel stay or event ticket for a future date, too. Please follow us on Facebook or Instagram as we share creative ideas from our local entrepreneurs.
As you spend this time in isolation, think ahead to future events and celebrations. When it’s time to plan events again, know that we offer a beautiful destination with several types and sizes of unique venues and stunning new hotels. Tour venues from your computer! View 360 tours and the complete list of all of our amazing 20+ wedding, meeting & event venues in Stillwater.
Stay positive and dream of the future when the joy of travel returns to our lives. For now, we’ll give you inspiration by sharing photos of Stillwater on social media.
We send everyone hope and strength during this time of uncertainty. Working together to protect all, experts say we can flatten the curve and limit the spread of this virus.
If you need a break from all this, find our great trails or historic walking tours and let the stillness of St. Croix River give you a moment of peace. We will get through this!
~ Discover Stillwater Tourism Board