Have you ever wondered what there is to do in the Stillwater area that doesn’t include going downtown? Stillwater and Oak Park Heights have so much to offer, we decided to dedicate a blog to help our visitors plan things to do “up on the hill”. Adventures awaits off the main drag on your next visit!
- Start your day off with breakfast at Joseph’s Family Restaurant. Joseph’s has been pleasing St. Croix Valley diners for over 30 years with delicious home cooking.
- Enjoy a round of golf at one of the Golf courses in town. We have several public golf courses to choose from.
- Treat yourself to a glass of wine or cider after your round of golf at Saint Croix Vineyards and Thor’s Hard Cider. Both are located on the Aamodt’s Apple Orchard property.
- Located very close to Aamodt’s, we recommend Cozzie’s Tavern and Grill for dinner on night one. Cozzie’s has one of the best outdoor patios around and often has live music in the “backyard”. Enjoy a game of cornhole while you relax in this lovely inviting space that also boasts an impressive cocktail list and great food!
- Begin your day with some exercise and exploration. Rent an electric bike from Pedego Electric Bikes and head to the Brown’s Creek Trail. Brown’s Creek Trail is a 6.4 mile paved multi-use trail built on an old railroad leading from downtown Stillwater into the countryside.
- Depending on your mood, we suggest lunch at either Thai Basil or Acapulco Restaurant; both located right on Hwy. 36.
- Now it’s time to spoil yourself with some pampering after your morning bike ride. Stillwater Skin and Island Time Spa have wellness services that include facials, massages and Reiki sessions.
- Ready for more pampering / “me time” … shopping is next! Check out Mainstream Boutique, Rust and Rose Boutique and Trove Marketplace.
- Then on to something unique if this is up your alley. Sodies Cigar and Pipe is the premier destination for cigar and fine tobacco products in the area offering a comfortable lounge for sampling your purchases.
- Your afternoon would not be complete without a stop at Lift Bridge Brewery for a beer or seltzer in the welcoming Stillwater taproom.
- Dinner recommending for Day 2 is Phil’s Tara Hideaway. Some of the best food in the area combining the traditional values of quality and service in a unique and beautiful location.
- Finish your day off with some music and Karaoke at local hang out, Stillwater Bowl. There are also 24 bowling lanes, a grille/lounge and golf simulators.
- Get your blood flowing with a morning walk across the St. Croix Crossing Bridge or do the Loop Trail. The 4.7 mile loop trail is open to pedestrians and bicycles and crosses both the St. Croix Crossing Bridge and the historic Lift Bridge. The views are spectacular!
- Follow up your walk with brunch at Devil’s Advocate. Not only is the atmosphere super cool, Devil’s Advocate serves healthy and devious food, with elegant flavors that are made with locally sourced ingredients.
- Who doesn’t love a great game of Bingo?!? Come to Muddy Cow for Bingo, 2-for-1 drinks and 32 tv’s for all the sports you need!
- And before leaving town, you have to make one more stop for a sweet treat at Nelson’s Ice Cream! A seasonal Stillwater staple, some of the best ice cream around and a perfect ending to your experience “up on the hill”.
For your convenience, here is a link to the places to stay so you can enjoy several days of fun in the Stillwater area! https://www.discoverstillwater.com/lodging/ You’ll find a great selection of hotel and Bed and Breakfast options, so you can choose the stay that’s right for your visit!
AmericaInn Lodge & Suites, Coratel Inn & Suites, Country Inn and Suites, Grandstay Hotel & Suites, Stillwater Inn & Suites
Bed and Breakfast Options:
Anne Bean Mansion , Aurora Staples Inn, Cover Park Manor, Lady Goodwood, Rivertown Inn
If you use our suggested itinerary, or create your own, we hope you have a wonderful time visiting! Remember to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and for more ideas of what to do in the area go to DiscoverStillwater.com.
Photos used in this blog provided by: Parker Golf Photography, Saint Croix Vineyards, Kevin Hartman, St. Croix County Wisconsin, Pedego Electric Bikes, Lift Bridge Brewery, Stillwater Skin, Mainstream Boutique, Phil’s Tara Hideaway, Devil’s Advocate, Nelson’s Ice Cream, City of Stillwater